Industrial + EPC
International high-technology supplier of equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets.
New Production Building & Support Buildings
Safran was positioned to expand their production capacity due to greater demand. Denham-Blythe Company provided design-build for the facility portion of the project and worked in alongside a Process Construction Group and helped develop early building programming for this process-heavy project.
- 2-story, 80 ft clean span, 60' tall main building with heavy-capacity structural floor
- Designed and managed 1700 tons of structural steel
- Variety of overhead, monorail, and gantry cranes
- Detailed coordination of labor and on-site material due to limited lay-down space
- Massive site renovation to accommodate new building floor level coordination with existing buildings
- Collaboration with local governing jurisdiction to build new county road
- Contract Amount
- Walton, Kentucky
- Square Feet
- 31 Months
- Project Type
- New Construction
Solutions for every problem
Whether on a bicycle, car or aircraft, the problem is the same: the kinetic energy of the moving vehicle has to be absorbed and then transformed into heat in order to dissipate it.
Stopping an Airbus A340 or a Boeing 777 travelling at 300 km/h in a few hundred meters means absorbing more than 1 billion joules in a few tens of seconds - around 125 mega joules per wheel and brake! Although the risk is in the order of 1 in 1 million take offs, it is the most extreme case that Safran Landing Systems' wheels and brakes have to deal with in the unlikely event of a rejected take-off.
To do this, Safran Landing Systems has developed a range of innovative technologies, such as carbon and electric brakes, and can rely on its experience gained from decade-long partnerships on a range of commercial and military programs.
Worried your project will be over budget and not on time? Design/Build with DBC and worry no more.Let's get started with a free project assessment